Choosing the right career path is a serious job. Every aspirant looks for three essentials – decent pay, job satisfaction, and superior growth & learning opportunities in the future. However, not everyone goes by this rule. For a chosen few, challenging profiles could be a priority that tickles their grey cells and stimulate their creativity. One such challenging career profile is that of an iOS app developer.
It is common knowledge that iPhones and iPads are ruling the mobile industry and being a skilled iOS app developer is the guarantee of a bright future as they are very much in demand. Every iOS app development company welcomes brilliant and competent iOS developers with open hands.
So here we have listed some of the top skills that you must have to land your dream job.
- Sound knowledge of Swift – The compiled programming language for iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Linux applications, Swift was created by Apple in 2014. Backed up by one of the most influential tech companies in the world, Swift is basically the dominant language for iOS development and beyond. Even at the initial level, you must be thorough with its basic understanding and functionalities.
- Apple’s Xcode IDE – You will truly need to master this! Behind all the excellent apps and splendid user experience, the real secret is the Xcode IDE as it takes from concept to code to customers. Quite heavily amalgamated with Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks, it is the primary environment to build apps for various Apple devices such as Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.
- Design Guidelines – Nothing lures Apple users more than the intuitiveness of their Apple devices which is perhaps the single most common reason that pushes them to buy Apple Products. That said, it is not at all easy to achieve this intuitiveness. Every skilled iOS developer needs to follow specific guidelines and defined procedures to follow to create iOS apps. And only by sticking to these guidelines can you build a phenomenal app for Apple products.
- Spatial Reasoning – Another integral component of developing an app is spatial reasoning that requires you to think from an app user’s point of view. You need to perceive how a user will interact and use the app and think out-of-the-box to make the end-user feel good and satisfied while using the app.
- Experience in UI and UX design – Your capability to produce intriguing and appealing UI/UX design for any mobile app will surely work in your favor during any job interview. Every iPhone app development company wants to hire a professional who can effectively execute UI/UX design in the making of a mobile app as it can radically change its entire look which inturn engages more users.
So if you are passionate about pursuing a successful career in iOS app development, the above-mentioned concepts will certainly do the trick for you.
However, you must remember that iOS developer is not just a mere app developer, they are much more than that. Every phase of the app development requires you to don a different hat and play a new role. From requirement gathering for client’s business needs to planning and development stage to designing a seamless and scalable user interface to coding and integrations, it is your responsibility to ensure that everything goes like smooth sailing.